Friday, October 12, 2007

iHCPL #12 - Library Elf

For all the issues with trying to access Elf, I was pleasantly surprised by the site. One of the features I liked best was the little calender that said "due" or "hold" etc on it on days that something needs to be done with certain library materials. I also linked over to my HCPL account page to renew some items. Elf seems nice enough, but I'm not convinced it is any better than the system already in place. I can look at when things are due and what fines etc I have on HCPL's "My Account" page. I can also see the status of my holds and am sent an email reminder of when items are ready to pick up and when they are going to be due. Like I said, nice enough, but I think it sort of repeats what HCPL already provides for its patrons.

No comments: